EAA 1418 meets every third Saturday at Noon in the pilots lounge at Rohnerville Airport, Fortuna, California. Lunch and a beverage are provided for a suggested $5.00 donation to the chapter. Anyone interested in aviation is welcome to attend.
Humboldt County, California Aviation Webcams
North Coast Aviators, EAA 1418, installs and maintains webcams at our local airports. These cameras show real-time weather conditions and have proved invaluable to aviators, local government agencies, and area residents.
See NorthCoastAviation.com for all the aviation cams, weather and local links, local highway cams and technical information about this program.
Affiliated with Lost Coast Aviators is the
AVI8CANDO Youth Aviation Program
Rohnerville Airport, CA
Frank Bush shared this video. Start practicing your board skills, this looks like it has a real future.
Franky Zapata rides the 'Flyboard Air' in Naples, Florida, doing impressive maneuvers like spins and slalom, including an amazing breaking in front of the crowd. The innovative Flyboard® Air represents 4 years of hard work, resulting in an Independent Propulsion Unit that can achieven autonomous flight up to 10,000 feet, a top speed of 150km/h (93 mph) and delivers a range of up to 25 km (15 miles). Flyboard Air is still in the prototype phase and will not be available for purchase until 2017. Note: This is NOT a computer simulation or edited video. It is 100% real.
West Coast RV Fly In – 22 October 2016, 10-2 PM at (O85) Benton Field, Redding CA
• Van’s Aircraft, Inc. on the field with demonstrator aircraft
• Parking marshaller's providing aircraft direction and parking assistance
• Pancake Breakfast for early arrivals at the airport cafe (7-10 AM) ($8)
• Aerial Scenic Tours (Loose formation flights in trail) 10am and 2pm of Shasta Lake, Trinity Alps, and Whiskeytown Lake led by Rex Daniels in his RV8
• Discounted fuel for RVers
• Shady Hangar to relax in, Mini Golf, and Cornhole at the Benton Air Center FBO
• Hangar Lunch 11-2 PM $8
• RV's under construction on display
• Also – When to permanently retire engine components – examples displayed all pulled from flying RV's
• Dinner and a Movie (Flight of the Phoenix) 7 PM for any stay overs — Discounted Hotel and Shuttle Available, call 530-241-4204 for details
The event is sponsored by RV members of EAA Chapter 157 and the new Benton Air Center FBO. Additional information here: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1335&day=2016-10-22&c=1 https://www.facebook.com/events/300589696954311/
Paul Osterman Member, EAA Chapter 157 and President North State Aviation Association, a CalPilots Chapter Member, Board of Directors, California Pilots Association 530-524-9580
Frank Bush shared an article of this interesting vertical takeoff and landing boxwing aircraft. I found a video of the RC prototype that was posted a couple of days ago. The article is at http://www.nextbigfuture.com/2016/10/vertical-takeoff-and-landing-boxwing.html